Back in January I set myself 10 challenges - I thought I had nailed the woven top thing with Colette Laurel but after my previous post and the pictures at the end of this post I don't think I have - which makes me sad!
BUT I may have completed a different one - a wearable skirt!
|Black is hard to photo but look no mirror selfies!- and please ignore the wires|
I cut a size 22 as I don't like things sitting on my waist, much prefer lower and on my hips and it seemed rather short had it laid any higher.
So my pictures are not mirror selfies (woo) but I forgot to move all the wires and some pictures the BF took had an unmade bed in view and wires all over (forgot to move them!) I also have a wee bit of panda eyes - long days in the lab are catching up with me!! Here are some more pics
Very wearable skirt indeed!
This skirt sat nearly finished for about 5 weeks (maybe more) but I was so scared of doing the button holes as I loved it even without them...but I bit the bullet and went for it!
|Buttons were taken off of an old coat years ago!|
|The seams are not quiet perfect but will definitely do!|
I am not going to say that my 'Wearable Skirt Challenge' is complete (learned my lesson from the Colette saga) but I have half cut a denim version already.
Ok now to the Colette Saga!
I am not going to say much to be honest, here are some pics. The top fits unlike Part 3 but I just don't like it. It feels very corporate when on - I work in a lab with my lab coat on, jeans and trainers so have zero call for corporate wear and I think it is really unflattering and I look huge. Plus the back is a hot mess. I am putting this as a fail and a general fabric fail.
Anyway, if you have got through this drivel today, I thank you!
I am away on a little holiday next week - yay - Benidorm (classy) here I come!
P.S. I will update my costs pages today too!