Pages

Monday 28 November 2016

Oliver+S Lullaby Layette Pants

Hello!

Here is my first bit of baby sewing!

I have been trying my best to hold off of buying anything or making too much as kind of wanted to wait until my 20 week scan to double check everything is ok! But I had bought the Oliver+S Lullaby Layette pattern virtually straight after m 12 week scan and I was itching to get started.



I thought I would do a practise version, just to see if I liked it and to mainly have a good try on my new overlocker (a lovely Singer from Lidl that my gorgeous OH bought my as a birthday present).

I was impressed with the first pair



Sorry about how dark this photo is...
My OH did say they reminded him of a little suit - didn't feel very unisex!

So I set about some more and then a busy few weekends have meant they have lurked about doing nothing for a few weeks.

Then on Friday we got to hear the babies heart beat and this reassured me everything was going well, so I was eager to get sewing!

I had cut 3 pairs. I had cut one piece of one pair upside down which meant recutting - unfortunately I did not think this part through...


Two right legs...AAARGH! Anyway, I have ordered some more whale fabric (any excuse!) (some contrasting fabric may have slipped into my basket...)

But the other two pair sewed up lovely...

'Chambray' polycotton

Teeny tiny stars 100% cotton 

Seriously, these things are too cute! They came together really quickly and totally lovely, and unisex! Win!

As soon as more whales arrive I will finish the next pair!

I have also nearly finished the romper, and I am not going to lie, it is love at first sight! I am so excited for this baby, and making handmade clothes just makes me more excited! Would highly recommend this pattern, it makes lovely gifts.

Thanks for reading!
Kristy xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I will try my best to reply to each of you as soon as I can. I love reading other peoples blogs so please include your blog if you have one so I can be nosey!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...