Pages

Monday 13 August 2018

Wedding Planning

Happy Monday!

How are you all?

So I thought I would do a post about where I am with wedding planning. Sorry if this isn't the most exciting of posts, definitely not clothes related.

I got engaged in February 2017 but my lovely Amelia arrived in March 2017, I then got a new job back in Leeds, had to return back to work from maternity after only 4.5 months (a year ago today facebook memories told me) and then leave London in November to start my new job. All been a bit hectic - and costly.

We booked our wedding in January.

We are having our ceremony at Castle Grove Masonic Hall in Headingley, Leeds




We are then going to St Chads Parish Hall for the reception which is 10 minute walk away


We decided fairly early on what kind of wedding we wanted - relaxed, fun and with all our friends and family. We also decided we do not want to spend a tonne of money, we aren't home owners yet and feel our funds need to be directed towards that as soon as possible but we also want to be married.

We have a budget of £8500. This still seems really high to me but after doing the sums etc this is the minimum I can get it to without being stingy and with inviting everyone we want to invite.

I asked Richard what colours he wanted (I did give acceptable options 😁) and was teal and purple.

If you search on google for 'teal and purple wedding' some of the images are my worst nightmare for a wedding


Not to be offensive to anyones choices (each to their own) but definitely not my taste.

As we have a village hall we do not want  glitz and glam more of a homemade comfort feeling.

Here are some of our ideas and thoughts (all subject to change as I trawl pinterest and come up with more ideas!)

Flowers - we are having paper flowers! I have cut thousands of squares of paper/card stock to make lots of these type of flowers


I am now a VERY proud owner of a Cricut Explore Air 2 - a fancy die cutter basically which will allow me to make different types of flowers too. There is a lot of time involved in these but I am hoping it will be worth it.

Centre pieces - I have everyone I know saving any form of glass bottle and jar for me, these will have paper flowers and candles in them. Tables will have white table cloths and I think I like this fabric to make table runners - it is much more teal in real life. I want to do a mock up of the tables before I make all the table runners


Decorations - bunting bunting and more bunting
As a dedicated fabric lover I have gone a bit mad on collecting fabrics for bunting. Here are some photos of me eeking out time to make bunting






Chair decorations - now I HATE white chair covers. I don't really get them. I think it is a very unecessary expense. BUT my venue has absolutely hideous black plastic school chairs:


so I need to hide them,

My first idea was this:

practised on a fold down chair at home

which I was really happy with - cut up all the back ground fabric (purple, lilac, teal and mint) then as i was making bunting I came up with this idea:


aaaaand it is much better! So now I have more bunting to cut. But will look lots nicer! 

Food - we are having afternoon tea canapes and a massive barbeque

Drinks - we will be providing a LOT of them!

Dancing - hopefully lots will be happening

Favours - I am combining these with place cards and giving myself lots to do by making cookies with names stamped on. This is the idea, I have the cookie cutter set I just need a practice run!

Bridesmaids - I have FIVE! I always knew I would have three but my future sister in law is in there and a relatively new friend who is amazeballs. She wasn't originally in my line up but I felt there was someone missing as we have gotten so close so she gracefully accepted my late invitation.

I would really like them to be in a skirt and top - I think a teal circle skirt and a cream top of their choice/style.

This was the photo I found I like (I have taken a photo of the screen and sent it on so I cannot credit this lovely photo for which I am very sorry!) 

also terrible quality.

I just love how own style/body shape can be taken into account and not too matchy matchy.

THE dress: it is bought! EEESHK I actually got a call last week that it is ready. I am obviously not sharing that though.

So I am fairly organised in terms of what I want to do but not really in terms of what needs to be done. I have to really crack on with some DIY in the coming months! For context my 'diy to do list' has 86 things on it with only 15 ticked off...

Hope I haven't bored you to tears with my wedding waffle!

Enjoy your week
Kristy xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I will try my best to reply to each of you as soon as I can. I love reading other peoples blogs so please include your blog if you have one so I can be nosey!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...